25 Jul Special Events Planner - Martinus Dekker Consulting Inc., Toronto
Posted at 16:46h in 0 Comments
Company: Martinus Dekker Consulting Inc.
Position: Special Events Planner NOC 1226
Terms of Employment: Permanent (40 hours per week)
Business address: 38 Niagara Street, Toronto ON, M5V 3X1, Canada
Location of work: Dufferin Street, Toronto ON, M6K 2A3, Canada
Wage: $22.50 to $25.00 per hour.
Benefits: Eligible for bonuses and/or salary increases as per company policies
Language of Work: English
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets and to review administrative procedures and progress of events;
- Working with clients to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction;
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality;
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities;
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders;
- Co-ordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, conferences and other facilities, catering, signage, displays, translation, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment, printing and security;
- Organize registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional material, and publicize events;
- Plan entertainment and social gatherings for participants;
- Hire, train and supervise support staff required for events;
- Ensure compliance with required by-laws;
- Negotiate contracts for services, approve suppliers' invoices, maintain financial records, review final billing submitted to clients for events and prepare reports.
- Organize parties for SetinStyle;
- Responsible corresponding with and greeting Dutch/European guests such as various European DJs and other performers;
- Receive albums from photographers and put up day after event;
- Have artwork for each night in place 7 days prior to each event via designer or venue marketing coordinator;
- Post new events on Facebook and Instagram and add/tag the promotion team to that event;
- Responsible for promoting events on social media (i.e. Facebook and Instagram);
- Reach out to new team members to join the promotion and sales team via photo albums from targeted events;
- Coordinate street promotions in Bay St., retail/malls, model agencies, hotels, schools;
- Gather promotion totals from all promoters bi-weekly via Alfiee;
- Handle logistical coordination for events;
- Create sponsorship decks and reach out to potential sponsors;
- July and September (TIFF special) community event management;
- Contact special event venues for Halloween and NYE events; and
- Coordinate DJ bookings with agents.
Required Skills + Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in events planning and/or the hospitality industry;
- A university degree or college diploma in International Communications, Hospitality Administration or related field;
- Ability to communicate in Dutch is an asset but not a requirement;
- Ability to communicate and work well with Dutch stakeholders and clients;
- In-depth understanding of Dutch culture and customs including general business practices;
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently;
- Excellent time management and communication skills; and
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply: please apply via email, [email protected]
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.