22 Oct Vacancy - Trade Commissioner Assistant - Embassy of Canada
Job Ref: 4672
Job Title: Trade Commissioner Assistant
Salary: €40,007 full-time, excluding vacation allowance
Term Details: This position is an LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in the Netherlands.
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
Closing date for applications: 01-11-2021 at 23:59 UTC+1 / GMT+1
Summary of position:
The Trade Commissioner Assistant reports to the Senior Trade Commissioner. The incumbent contributes to the delivery of an integrative trade program in the Netherlands by providing administrative, financial, scheduling, and research support, as well as other related services.
The incumbent performs:
• Information flow management and quality control of documentation;
• Budget tracking and financial administration procedures;
• Event planning and organization;
• Meeting management;
• Communications/ promotional services;
• Point of contact duties for visitors and callers;
• Updating of the mission client management tool (TRIO2);
• Research and input to reports and briefings;
• Routine maintenance and utilization of electronic tools;
• Other duties, as required, such as, maintaining working files; coordinating leave schedules; maintaining database systems; organizing the purchase of office supplies, etc.
As directed by the Senior Trade Commissioner, the incumbent may also be responsible for the delivery of international business development, investment, and science, technology & innovation services to Canadian clients in the mission territory.
Candidates will initially be screened against the essential qualifications relating to education, experience and language. It is insufficient to state that one simply meets the listed qualifications. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications. Only candidates who meet all the Essential Requirements will proceed to the next stage of the process.
Bachelor's degree or higher from a recognized university or equivalent experience (equivalence means significant experience developing the skills and competencies as stated below).
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
• Fluency in Dutch (oral and written)
• Extensive administrative experience supporting a team;
• Recent experience in a job or jobs with the following duties:
o Working with external clients responding to queries and providing information;
o Contacts and record management, and working with client record management tools;
o Administrative support related to budgets, and to accounting and contracting procedures;
o Event and meeting coordination, such as venue and attendee logistics, agenda, and promotional activities (social media, banners, etc).
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
• Effective interactive communication – oral and written
• Organizational skills
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Client focus
• Interpersonal skills
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Creativity/ Innovation
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
• Degree in business administration or commerce, or an acceptable combination of education, training, and work experience in international trade
• Working knowledge of French (oral & written)
• Experience with digital communication and virtual event planning
• Experience working for an international organization or diplomatic mission;
• Experience working with private sector clients.
• Experience using SAP
- Must be willing to work occasional irregular hours and overtime, and sometimes be available on call outside normal business hours
Able to travel and attend off-site meetings.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Right to work in the Netherlands
Able to obtain and retain an enhanced reliability security clearance
Possession of a valid passport.
All new hires on or after the effective date of October 6, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment and to attest that they are fully vaccinated prior to their starting date unless accommodation measures are granted.
Area of selection:
Open to applicants who have the right to reside and work in the Netherlands, who meet all of the essential qualifications, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Please note that the Embassy of Canada to the Netherlands does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
How to apply:
• Please follow the link http://wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=4672& and complete the online application form.
• Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: [email protected] prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
Important notes :
• Please do not use a tablet or cell phone to submit your application, as mobile browsers are not supported by our on-line portal. Candidates should only apply using a laptop or desktop computer.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The Embassy of Canada in the Netherlands does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in the Netherlands which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process, with various tenures including indeterminate or term.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the recruitment process, please send an email to: [email protected]
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.